Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Loving, Not Loving

I am going to start a series called Loving, Not Loving for fashion trends that well, you guessed it. I can't guarantee it will be regularly scheduled - so it'll be a surprise post each time it happens. Yay!
Someday, I might even find a way to post images on this thing that looks all nice and formatted and organized. For now, all I can seem to do is post one after the other in a big straight line.

Loving: Floral + Stripes. I have tried recreating this trend a few times myself. It's quite simple with clothes you already have in your closet. Sometimes, I just do a black/white striped shirt with a floral scarf and some jeans. Or, a cute floral top with a striped blazer.
image via The Sartorialist
image via Second Skin


image via The Sartorialist

image via 9 to 5 Chic

image via What I Wore

Not Loving: Oxfords. I find these shoes seriously unflattering, particularly when worn without socks. I think you have to have super skinny and lovely legs to pull them off but even then?? Not so much.
image via Second Skin

image via adored austin

image via What I Wore

image via Second Skin


2 comments:

Lauren said...

I totally agree about the oxfords. But maybe its because I have short stubby legs and i know they would look silly on me?!
XO

Nicole Kreiling said...

Love the stripes and floral look - but i'm always afraid i will look more like punky brewster and less like some cool looking chic. Dunno - maybe i will have the balls one day...