Monday, August 2, 2010

Decorating Project

I was flipping through a Pottery Barn catalog the other day and noticed a picture of a bedroom with some grayish tiles on the wall above the bed. I thought something like that would look good in our bedroom, especially since we recently painted it gray and have gray and white linens. Then, I remembered that I ALREADY HAVE four tiles, just like this. Except, they are dark. Hmmm. I have white paint in the garage. I wonder....?

So, I took the picture from the catalog, the tiles, some white paint and an old t-shirt and headed up to my sewing room,




I grabbed the t-shirt, stuck it in the paint and sort of dabbed it against itself to spread around the paint. then, I put it on in a circular motion (wax on, wax off). It dried pretty quickly, then I hung up three of them above the bed and one in the bathroom (not shown). What do you think?




2 comments:

M Dog said...

Looks great. And it was free. Even better...

Lauren said...

Ellen! You smarty pants- that looks lovely.
I always like things in 3's...
XO
Lauren