Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dipping my toe in...

I love to read blogs and for over a year now, have maintained this blog solely as a place to store my blog links. But, I can’t seem to find a blog that I can really relate to. So, I am starting my own.

I am part Carrie Bradshaw and part Laura Ingalls Wilder. I love fashion and the big city but I also love to sew and make things by hand. I lean more towards simplicity and a slower place, yet am always busy. I adore my children with every ounce of my being, yet am not defined by them. I outsource and I DIY. I am way too hard on myself and am a professional worrier. It is completely normal for me to shop at Goodwill and the Neiman Marcus outlet in the same afternoon. I am sort of ADD.

Here are the top 10 reasons my blog will be different than a lot of what I am finding out there:

I don’t live in Manhattan.

I don’t live in L.A.

I have small (human) children and don’t consider dogs to be children.

I have a full-time job.

I don’t home school.

I don’t think waiting until $1200 shoes are on sale for $700 makes a person cost-conscious.

I am not a size 0 or 2. I am not even an 8. I am WELL into the double digits, people.

I can’t commit to posting my outfits daily – see #3 and #4 above.

I am (way) over the age of 30.

I do not love (or really even like) to cook.

Wow. Do I really have time for this blog thing?



6 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE it. Can't wait!

Nicole Kreiling said...

Love it!!! You should blog! Except for the part about dogs not being real children. I guess I can't relate because I have no human children, however my dog is my daughter (or "dogger") and I love her like I would love a human child. Could you please start posting neat things you find at goodwill? Can't wait for the new one to open!!!!

Lauren said...

You are awesome and amazing and I guarantee this would be a daily read for me! Plus, I can't wait to steal outfit ideas and craft projects from you!!! Kisses :)

Lauren said...

Oh, and I just added you to my blogroll! :)

bornagaindancer said...

Yes! We are all full of apparent "contradictions" that aren't really so, they are what make us colorful and unique! Looking forward to reading more.

Jill S said...

You are inspiring! Great work...thanks for being honest and saying the stuff we all want to say! Keep it up! Love that you have human children too!!!!