Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Flower Corsage T-Shirt

I love all of those tops that are popular right now at places like J Crew and Anthropologie...you know the ones I am talking about:

And, I was thinking it'd be pretty easy to do this myself. So, I Googled it and found a simple tutorial here. So, last night I pulled out a plain, v-neck t-shirt and went to the sewing room. I decided to start with a circle shape (they show hearts in the tutorial - I'll be doing that next). I just found a roll of tape, traced the center onto card stock and made a template:

Next, I looked to my wall of old t-shirts that I have for my other projects and picked a color:

I found it was easiest to cut the template while holding a square of fabric in my hand. At first, I cut two at a time (per the tutorial), but found my scissors could handle 6 layers. Much faster when you need 16!


The last pic shows the heart template for the next round. And, the paper scissors vs fabric scissors. NEVER use fabric scissors on paper! Okay, on to the sewing machine...

T-shirt before


I just kept placing circles randomly and adding a few stitches to the center of each and voila! Before too long, I had a new shirt.




The End!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

LOVE! You are such a smarty pants!!